The Meerkat Mob
MIFWA has named its Physical Health Program, “The Meerkat Mob” as meerkats operate in a social settings where each look out for each other and for the greater good of the community.
The support provided will give you more self-confidence, self-acceptance and self-respect. This will make you actively involved in your own personal recovery to make positive and healthy lifestyle choices to suit your future needs.
The Meerkat Mob Physical Health Program is a State Peer based physical health and Mental health program which is designed for people with mental illness who are living in the community, hostels and rehabilitation units.
The Meerkat Mob offers a positive environment where you can learn more about physical health as well as improving your mental health.
This group program consists of two hours per week and is run over an eight week period for people:
- Who are thinking about improving physical health.
- Who want to learn about good nutrition.
- Who want to reduce bad habits.
- Who want to learn stress management strategies.
The program is facilitated by Peer Workers who have a recovered lived experience of mental illness, who understand themselves the importance of good physical health and it’s impact on our mental health.
MIFWA’s Physical Health Program will support individuals to improve their mental health by improving their physical health.
For more information please download a copy of the brochure.
Come and join the group and learn about cooking healthy, nutritious meals with a minimum of fuss. We will discuss budgets, what to store in your pantry to help provide healthy meals without spending a lot of money. We socialise, meet and learn about food, as well as enjoying some meals together.
No direct costs for eligible participants:
- I have an NDIS Plan? Service bookings are made through MIFWA
- I self-manage my NDIS plan?
- I have a DSC Plan.
- I have a carer who is eligible for carer respite. Do you have a Carer who might benefit from a break while you attend the course? Carer details need to be provided belowI have a carer who is eligible for carer respite. Do you have a Carer who might benefit from a break while you attend the course? Carer details need to be provided below