10 consecutive Wednesdays
A free 10-week program for people experiencing mental illness who wish to take steps towards recovery and develop knowledge of mental illness, social and emotional wellbeing, and recovery. Plus, connect with other people experiencing mental health issues, including group facilitators with lived experience of mental illness.
Dates: 5 October - 7 December 2022 (over 10 consecutive Wednesdays)
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Where: Training Room, MIFWA | Level 3, 9 The Avenue, Midland
Cost: FREE, and lunch will be provided
Discussion & insight
In this program, participants will:
- Learn about mental illness, mental health and recovery
- Explore ways to improve social and emotional wellbeing
- Develop communication and advocacy skills
- Find ways to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Share and learn from the experiences of other participants
- Develop ongoing networks
- Increase social and community participation
Who should attend?
Participants must meet the criteria below:
- Can identify their own willingness and ability to participate in a recovery-oriented change process
- Have a support person (unpaid is OK)
- Are able to participate in a group
- Are willing to do group work
- Are willing to commit to all 10 dates
- Can complete a short interview with a MIFWA peer worker ahead of the program
Hayley Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0466 436 152.