Being a parent of a teenager or young adult can be tough, knowing how to respond when there are mental health issues can be even tougher.
EVERYONE’S EXPERIENCE IS UNIQUE
Often parents in the caring role are impacted in several areas:
- Relationships and family dynamics
- Their own emotional health and wellbeing
- Understanding the mental health system
- Feeling equipped to manage a mental health crisis
- Effectively communicating when someone is distressed.
The Online Parent Support Group via zoom provides a service in a safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment.
The online parenting group will be facilitated by family peer facilitator, Grace. Grace brings a wealth of experience having worked with parents and has a lived experience of caring for her daughter who is aged in her early 20s with complex mental health issues.
COST: This service is at no cost.
WHEN: The group will be held on the first Thursday of the month at 7pm.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please register your interest by contacting Caroline Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9237 8900.