MIFWA is partnering with CBH Group, Lifeline WA, Youth Focus and Black Dog Institute to support the mental health and wellbeing of people living in regional grain growing communities across WA.
MIFWA is providing a variety of mental health and suicide prevention training and workshops for young people (aged 13-19) and the whole community.
Click here to download a flyer about the program.
Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Training
Tailored for the online learning environment, learn how to assist someone who is developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis by becoming a Mental Health First Aider.
This course involves 5 to 7 hours self-paced pre-course work and 2 X 2.5-hour online training. On completion of the course, attendees can sit a short online assessment and become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider for three years.
Custom Mental Health Workshop for Teens
MIFWA is designing customised school-based mental health and resilience workshops for teenagers aged 13 to 19. Currently in development, this workshop will be available from Term 1 2021.
A 4-hour face-to-face workshop, safeTALK is an alertness workshop preparing anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities who work alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
safeTALK’s steps provide a simple yet effective method to engage with people at risk and connect them with resources that can carry out a full-scale intervention. At the end of the workshop there will be an opportunity to practice these skills firsthand and leave with practical knowledge of how to identify someone at risk and link them to life-saving resources.
Upcoming Regional Training
- safeTALK – Narembeen – 10 August 2021. Click here for more information.
- safeTALK – Moora – 24 August 2021. Click here for more information.
Online Mental Health First Aid
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 3 and 17 August 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 14 and 28 September 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 12 and 26 October 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 2 and 17 November 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 1 and 15 December 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 11 and 25 January 2022. Register here.
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Regional Course – 5 and 19 April 2022. Register here.
Online Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Blended Online Youth Mental Health First Aid Course – 1, 8 and 15 November 2021. BOOKED OUT
- Blended Online Youth Mental Health First Aid Course – 23 and 30 March, 6 April 2022. Send your Expression of Interest to email@example.com stating this particular course
Teen Mental Health Training
- Teen Mental Health First Aid – Muckinbudin – 9, 11 and 13 August 2021.
- Teen Mental Health First Aid – Lake Grace – 14, 21 and 28 October 2021.
For information on upcoming training and workshops and how MIFWA can support your regional grain growing community with mental health and suicide prevention training and workshops, contact Janine Ripper at Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the CBH Regional Mental Wellness Program Partnership
Working in partnership, we will deliver the following services to regional grain-growing communities across WA:
- Black Dog Institute – Training and education to regional GPs and health professions in the areas of anxiety, depression, and suicide.
- Lifeline WA – Video and telephone counselling with a focus on suicide bereavement, development of a Crisis Response Pack for communities to use in times of need, and 24-hour telephone crisis support (13 11 14).
- Mental Illness Fellowship of WA (MIFWA) – Training and workshops to support local people, their families and carers, as well as custom-designed mental wellbeing training for young people in schools aged 13 – 19.
- Youth Focus – Expansion of one-to-one face-to-face counselling via existing network in regional locations and the introduction of web counselling services to new clients.
You can learn more about the partnership in the following video:
For further information on how MIFWA can support your regional community with training and workshops, contact Janine at Janine.email@example.com.