We partner with Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (MIFA) to provide practical and easy to understand factsheets about mental illness and treatment.
MIFWA is a MI Networks member, with sister organisations across Australia we offer information and support in your local areas. You can call us on 1800 985 944.
MI Networks is a MIFA initiative and is supported by its members nationally.
Suicide & Self Harm
- Self Harm
- Suicidal behaviour and Self Harm
- Thinking about Suicide
- How to help when someone is suicidal
- Has someone close to you died by suicide
- Families & friends of people affected by mental illnesss
- Something is not quite right about the way someone close to you is behaving
- When sadness won’t go away – depression & related disorders in young people
- Has someone close to you gone missing
Mental Health Treatment
- Antidepressant Medication
- Antipsychotic Medication
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Complementary Therapies
- Healthy Living
- Mind + Body – Looking after your physical health when you have a mental illness
- Type 2 diabetes & mental illness
- Smoking and mental illness
Translated Fact Sheets
Embrace Multicultural Mental Health with advice from the CALD Mental Health Consumer and Carer Group have created their first batch of translated mental health fact sheets for consumers in the following languages:
Arabic, Assyrian, Bengali, Burmese, Cantonese, Simplified Chinese, Dari, Dinka, Farsi/Persian, Greek, Hazaragi, Italian, Karen, Nepali, Punjabi, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil and Vietnamese
The fact sheets currently available are:
- Getting professional mental health help – what are the steps?
- Mental Health and wellbeing
Additional fact sheets and resources will be released in future.
You can access the resources here.