12 consecutive Tuesdays
A Well Ways program designed to provide a broad and sensitive perspective to the many issues facing families as they manage the impact of mental illness on their lives.
The program aims to increase the capacity of families, carers and friends to care effectively for themselves, other family members and their relative living with mental illness.
An educational program in an informal setting involving group discussions, audiovisual and practical demonstrations.
The sessions are presented over 12 consecutive weeks.
Light refreshments will be provided.
• Informal workshops involve group discussions, relevant mental health information.
• Real Life stories form the basis for a lived experience-based learning approach.
• In each session there is a break when participants network and enjoy light refreshments.
About the Facilitators:
The Program facilitators have experience in caring for a person with mental illness and have been trained by MIFWA to deliver this program.
• bi-polar disorder
• obsessive compulsive disorder
• schizoaffective disorder
• dual diagnosis disorders
• mental health and carer services
• borderline personality disorder
Well Ways participants have the opportunity to:
• Gain increased knowledge
• Gain new ideas and coping skills
• Gain increased confidence
• Share experiences and learn from others
• Develop ongoing support mechanisms
For more details and to secure a place in this program:
Please contact the Mental Illness Fellowship WA
Phone: 0408 202 705
Download and share the flyer
MIFWA – Well Ways Building a Future – 21 SEP 2021