Nominations close 5pm, Friday 28 October 2022.
Do you know someone who should be recognised for their gentle leadership qualities?
MIFWA is excited to launch the 2022 The Glenn Pickett Sunflower Award. The award recognises and rewards the achievements of Lorikeet members and MIFWA employees as they embody MIFWA’s values, including accountability, integrity, inclusion and acceptance, collaboration, and empowerment.
About the Glenn Pickett Sunflower Award
The Glenn Pickett Sunflower Award is an annual celebration of individuals who have demonstrated ‘gentle leadership’ qualities. It’s awarded in the honour of Glenn Pickett, a Lorikeet member and Mental Illness Fellowship of WA (MIFWA) Board member who passed away in September 2019.
The Glenn Pickett Sunflower Award recognises and rewards the achievements of Lorikeet members and MIFWA employees as they embody MIFWA’s values, including accountability, integrity, inclusion and acceptance, collaboration, and empowerment.
Help us identify the individuals who demonstrate these qualities and deserve these awards.
You may also nominate yourself.
Nominees must be a Lorikeet member or a MIFWA employee.
Each award recipient will receive
- $100 cash
- $400 towards self-education expenses, credits towards books, courses, conferences or other
- A framed award certificate
- A small plant honouring Glenn’s love for gardening
Terms and conditions for nominating
- To nominate, you must complete the nomination form.
- You may nominate yourself or someone else.
- The nominee must be a member of the Lorikeet Centre or a MIFWA employee.
- The nomination should be clear and easy for the judges to read and understand.
- The $400 prize money will be held by MIFWA until such time the amount is required.
- Winners will be announced at the MIFWA AGM on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
- Nominations close 5pm, Friday 28 October 2022.
- Late entries won’t be accepted.
How to submit your nomination
Online via the Nomination form
Or using the PDF version Glenn Pickett Nomination Form 2022 and then submitting through one of the following methods:
By email to Alison Nesbit firstname.lastname@example.org
In person to Alison at MIFWA, Level 3, 9 The Avenue, Midland
In person to the Manager, Lorikeet Centre 104 Cambridge St, West Leederville
By post to Glenn Pickett Sunflower Awards, Mental Illness Fellowship of WA, PO Box 1947 Midland Business Centre Midland WA 6056
Nominations close 5pm, Friday 28 October 2022. Late entries won’t be accepted.
Download the Glenn Pickett Award flyer