Updated 25 May 2020
We are here for you.
COVID-19 has been an interesting and, at times, distressing situation for many people. We are concerned now, more than ever, about supporting people to stay well and get the reassurance and support they may need, and will work with you to continue to provide support.
Moving toward COVID-19 recovery
MIFWA has commenced recovery of services, closely following guidelines from WA State Government. We are adapting our services to offer regular support through phone, video or online, as well as face to face support.
We recommenced face to face training as of 17 August 2020 via smaller groups, and are also providing online training courses.
Lorikeet Centre reopened on 5 June 2020. Members will need to book in before attending so we can manage numbers and physical distancing requirements. If you are unwell, please do not attend the centre.
What You Can Do
- Continue healthy habits – eating well, exercising and getting a restful night’s sleep are all helpful. Talk to our staff about ways you can do this
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser when handwashing facilities are not around
- Engage in positive self-care and support each other
- Reach out and talk to us. We are here for you.
Information on COVID-19
MIFWA’s response to the Coronavirus is informed by recommendations provided by trusted agencies including the Australian Government Department of Health, WA Health Department and the NDIS.
If you would like more information on COVID-19:
- Read the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Stay up-to-date with the latest updates in Western Australia via the WA Health Department website
- Check out the Easy Read – Coronavirus (COVID-19) information (PDF 3MB) or the Easy Read (text only) – Coronavirus (COVID-19) information (DOCX 50KB) documents for more information about COVID-19
- HealthyWA has provided a dedicated page for health-related resources for Aboriginal people here
- Check out Coronavirus information in your language – news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available below in 63 languages.