Lorikeet’s 2021 Open Your Mind Poetry Competition is now open.
The Annual Open Your Mind Poetry Competition is open to anyone living with mental illness or carer of someone with mental illness living in WA.
This Year’s Theme: Strength and Courage
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying “I will try again tomorrow”.”
This year’s theme is “Strength and Courage to overcome adversity”.
How do you overcome adversity in your life?
Adversity means the challenges and obstacles in your life. Types of adversity could be physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual or financial. It is the learning that comes from adversity that creates new opportunity for growth
1st Prize – $100
2nd Prize – $75
3rd Prize – $50
A selection of poems will be compiled and published in the annual Lorikeet Open Your Mind Poetry Book.
- Poems are to be no longer than 18 lines, and have a title.
- Two poems per entrant
- Poems must be the entrants original work
- Entries must be received by MIFWA no later than 5pm AWST Tuesday 21 September 2021
- The winning poems will be presented during Mental Health Week 2021
- MIFWA reserve the right to publish any poem(s) on their website and/or newsletters. Only first names of poets will be published.
How to Enter
You can enter the Open Your Mind Poetry Competition in one of the following ways:
Hand your poem in at one of the following MIFWA sites:
The Lorikeet Centre
104 Cambridge Street, West Leederville or MIFWA Head Office
Level 3, 9 The Avenue, Midland
Alternatively, you may;
Email to: email@example.com
MIFWA, PO Box 1947
Midland WA 6936
For further information and if you have any questions, call 9237 8900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.