ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid.
ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
ASIST is a resource for the whole community and can be learned and used by anyone over the age of 16. It helps people apply suicide first-aid in many settings: with family, friends, co-workers, and teammates, as well as formal caregiving roles.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Cost: $100 + Eventbrite fees (normally $317.59 including Eventbrite fees)
For more info call 9237 8900 or email email@example.com.