Lorikeet’s annual Open Your Mind Poetry Competition is now open.
MIFWA has launched Lorikeet Centre’s annual poetry competition. Western Australian residents living with mental health challenges or caring for someone with mental health challenges are being invited to write poems of up to 18 lines on the theme ‘Connecting with Hope’.
The poetry competition is free to enter, and there will be three different prizes.
Download the Open Your Mind Poetry Competition Poster.
The competition closes on Tuesday, 13 September 2022. We’ll announce the winners during Mental Health Week 2022.
A selection of poems will be compiled and published in the annual Lorikeet Open Your Mind Poetry Book.
- Open to anyone living with mental health challenges or is a carer of someone with mental health challenges. WA residents only.
- Entry is free. Maximum 2 poems per person, up to 18 lines per poem.
- Each poem has a unique title.
- All submissions must be the entrant’s original unpublished work.
- Winning poems will be presented during Mental Health Week 2022.
- MIFWA reserves the right to display, reproduce or publish the submissions on its website, newsletters, social pages and other MIFWA materials.
- 1st: $100
- 2nd: $75
- 3rd: $50
Submit your poems by 5 pm, Tue 13 Sep 2022.
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Poetry Competition
In-person at: Lorikeet Centre, 104 Cambridge Street, West Leederville
or: MIFWA Head Office, Level 3, 9 The Avenue, Midland
By post to:
MIFWA, PO Box 1947, Midland WA 6936
For further information and if you have any questions, call 9237 8900 or email us at email@example.com.